At Open Dental we take complaints very seriously indeed and try to ensure that all our patients are pleased with their experience of our service. When patients complain, they are dealt with courteously and promptly so that the matter is resolved as quickly as possible. This procedure is based on these objectives.
We aim to react to complaints in the way in which we would want our complaint about a service to be handled. We learn from any mistakes that we may make and we respond to our Patients concerns in a caring way.
- The person responsible for dealing with any complaint about the service which we provide are the owners of the practice, Dr May Abdulla & Dr Nasim Mechoui
- If a patient complains on the telephone or at the reception desk we will listen to their complaint and offer to refer him or her to Dr May Abdulla or Dr Nasim Mechoui, if the complaint cannot be resolved in 24 hours by the person taking the complaint. If Dr May Abdulla or Dr Nasim Mechoui are not available at the time then the patient will be told when they will be able to talk to either Dr May Abdulla or Dr Nasim Mechoui and arrangements will be made for this to happen. The member of staff will take brief details of the complaint and pass them on within 24 hours.
- If the patient complains in writing, the letter will be passed on to Dr May Abdulla or Dr Nasim Mechoui within 24 hours.
- We will acknowledge the patient’s complaint in writing and enclose a copy of this code of practice within 48 hours. We will seek to investigate the complaint and communicate to the complainant within 5 working days of receipt to give an explanation of the circumstances which led to the complaint. If the patient does not wish to meet us, then we will attempt to talk to them on the telephone. A letter will always be sent to backup any verbal response.
- If we are unable to investigate the complaint within 5 working days we will notify the patient within this period giving reasons for the delay and a likely period within which the investigation will be completed. This will not be longer than 10 working days.
- Proper and comprehensive records are kept of any complaint received.
If patients are not satisfied with the result of our procedure then a complaint can be made to:
The Dental Complaints Service (08456 120 540) for complaints about private treatment.
The General Dental Council, 37 Wimpole Street, London, WIM 8DQ (The dentists registration body)